We are so grateful to the groups who chose to support Safe Harbor in October 2013! Many of these drives and events were held specifically to honor Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Thank you to all who donated and who helped raise awareness. Your gifts make a difference!
The following groups supported Safe Harbor through donation drives in October 2013:
- Empire Beauty School: Held annual “Day of Beauty” to
collect items and raise funds for Safe Harbor
- Fashion Media Arts Council of America Great Gatsby Affair Fashion Show
- Glen Allen Universal Unitarian Church: hosted speaker, donated love offering and collected wish list items in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- James River Republican Women’s Club: collected wish list items in honor of domestic violence awareness month
- Jessica Miller and Chesterfield Friends: collected household items and non-perishable food to support survivors of sexual and domestic violence
- Kanawa Woman’s Club: collected wish list items to support survivors of sexual and domestic violence
- Midlothian Baptist Walk-A-Thon: collected funds and items
to support Safe Harbor’s programs
- St. Mary’s Community Outreach Day: collected bus tickets and other needed items to support survivors in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- TGIFriday’s Swift Creek: donated dinner for last night of Volunteer Training
If you are interested in hosting a drive to support Safe Harbor, please contact Jodi Leonard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out our most needed items. Our wish list and suggested drives are also available by clicking here.
Thank you so very much for your support! Together, we are making RVA a more loving community!