Safe Harbor’s counseling staff have specialized training and experience in working with survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking. We utilize trauma-informed interventions to facilitate healing, empowerment, and resiliency in a safe and confidential space. Counseling services are offered free of charge and are available in both English and Spanish.
We provide these services to anyone regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, immigration status, gender identity or expression, faith, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, and geographic location.
We offer the following counseling services:
- Individual counseling for adults who have experienced sexual violence, domestic/intimate partner violence, or human sex trafficking.
- Ages 5 and up who have witnessed intimate partner violence involving a parent or guardian
- Ages 13 and up who have experienced sexual abuse/assault or dating violence
- Therapeutic support groups. Support groups are an excellent way for survivors to connect with others and learn how to cope and heal from their traumatic experiences. Call our counseling line at any time to find out what groups we’re currently offering
- CCP group is a court ordered sexual violence group that focuses on educating clients on healthy relationships, healthy sexuality, human trafficking/sex trafficking, positive self-esteem, and coping skills.
Because the effects of trauma can be lingering, we work with individuals who have experienced these forms of violence whether the incidents are ongoing, happened recently, or happened years ago.
Counselors are available to meet with clients at our community office in the West End, at Housing Families First’s office in the East End, and at the Sacred Heart Center in Manchester.
If you are interested in learning more or would like to schedule an appointment, please call our counseling referrals line at (804) 249-9470 ext. 12.
Leave a message with your name and contact information, and let us know if it is safe for us to call you back. Your call will be returned within 48 business hours, and a member of the Safe Harbor team will complete a brief phone intake with you to assess your needs and schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.