July 15, 2014 marked Kathleen Demro’s last day as Executive Director of Safe Harbor. Kathleen has accepted the position of President and CEO of the Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence. “In my years at Safe Harbor, I have seen the agency grow exponentially in both its services and business model,” Kathleen said. “Safe Harbor is fortunate to be guided by passionate, mission-driven, staff, board, and volunteers. It has been an honor to be a part of that team.” Kathleen served as Executive Director since June, 2010. During those four years of her leadership, the Safe Harbor team:
- Launched several new significant initiatives: comprehensive services for survivors of sexual violence, a transitional housing program, a human trafficking intervention project, and increased access to safety and services for survivors in the LGBTQ and immigrant communities
- Partnered in several innovative collaborations: the Regional Hospital Accompaniment Response Team (a Richmond History Makers award winning program), the Richmond Area Partnership, and the Richmond Regional Hotline
- Adopted new vision and mission statements, and built and implemented a three-year strategic plan
- Updated the agency website, initiated an electronic newsletter and all social media platforms, created a Speaker’s Bureau and appeared regularly on local media
- Increased annual revenues by 30% and doubled total agency assets
“Kathleen has accomplished so much for Safe Harbor and the survivors we serve, and we are grateful for her leadership and dedication,” said Mary Catharine Ginn Kolbert, Board of Directors President. “Please join us in wishing Kathleen well in her new role with the Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence, where she will continue to be an amazing advocate, but now for the nonprofit sector in the greater Richmond area.” During the executive search, Jodi Leonard has been named Interim Director. Jodi is Safe Harbor’s Director of Development and Community Relations.